March 3rd, 2012
I have tested the current version of the Beach House with WordPress 3.3.1 and it is compatible.
Out of full discretion this theme does not have a lot of the newer hooks and features incorporated into it. I will be looking into see what I can add to the theme to make it more feature rich. I also do have a redesign for the Beach House theme in the works as well. The new theme has more horizontal space for your posts and pages like many of the newer themes that are available.
Thank you again to everyone that uses the theme. Be sure to drop me an email if you have an questions or issue in regard to installing or using it.
July 8th, 2009
I have updated the demo site for the WordPress Beach House theme to WordPress 2.8 and everything is looking good. If you come across any issue please let me know.
April 29th, 2009
I did some cleanup of the code for the navigation links and have posted it on the download page.
Please let me know if you spot any issues with it.
April 21st, 2009
I have pushed a small update to the Beach House theme. This update updates the header.php file to correctly display the page links in the nav bar using wp-list-pages. In using wp-list-pages I have set it to not display child pages and to sort according to the page order set on each individual page.
The 1.7 release has been submitted to the WordPress Theme Directory and should be approved within the next day or so for download.
April 2nd, 2009
The St. James City, Florida Weather website is a site that has a modified version of the Beach House theme by Anole Computer Services . This is a website for a weather station in St. James City, FL. It is a very interesting website that includes a lot of information in regard to the weather in St. James City, Florida from radar, tides, and local records. It seems as though it would be a really useful website if you live in or are familiar with that area of Florida.
Thanks for using the Beach House theme for your site!
April 1st, 2009
The Thinking About Bioinformatics Blog is a collection of Thoughts on Information Evolution, Systems, and Tools. It is written by Christopher Lee who is a Professor in the Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry at UCLA. Here is a clip from his about page:
I am a Professor in the Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry, UCLA. My published research has focused on bioinformatics and genomics (especially alternative splicing and genome evolution).
Here are some of the kinds of topics I hope to write about:
- the general information metric hypothesis: the notion that there is a general measure of information that in some sense is the “answer to all questions” in science, i.e. the best experiment to do is the one that maximizes the information yield and rate of production. There are many interesting arguments both for and against this idea, so in my view this is a great place to put everything we think we know about “information” to a rather searching test. Much of what I’m going to post here focuses on the idea that we can only understand information in Bayesian terms, i.e. as a hidden property of observable variables.
- biology as information and information as biology: there are striking parallels between the population genetic theory of evolution and the theory of statistical inference. For example, the equation for the evolution over time `t` of an asexual haploid population `p_i(t)` under natural selection `W_i^t` is identical to Bayes Law:
Thanks Christopher for using the Beach House theme!
March 31st, 2009
The Permanent Honeymoon Blog is the blog of Mike and Juliana Mitchell who love to travel and share their experiences with others. Here is an excerpt from their about page:
Permanent Honeymoon is a site dedicated to keeping the fire alive in a married or committed relationship. We (Mike and Juliana Mitchell) have been married for almost 20 years and love travel. Once, a friend said of us: “Mike and Juliana don’t go anywhere that they don’t serve room service.” That is (almost) true.
We love romantic, exotic and luxury travel – even when it is inexpensive. At Permanent Honeymoon, we share our travel stories, reviews and insights, although now, this site is growing to more than just travel. We have had some version of this site on the Internet for almost ten years, while we are about to celebrate our 20th anniversary this year (2009).
You’ve inspired me to take a nice vacation Mike and Juliana – Thanks for sharing!
March 30th, 2009
The Garden at the Beach Blog is the personal blog of Katie Elzer-Peters. In her blog Katie covers a wide variety of topics. Here is an excerpt from here about page:
The Garden at the Beach is the Blog of Katie Elzer-Peters, writer, gardener, marketing professional, book devourer, and beach-lover. The blog provides information about marketing, marketing trends, gardening, books, reading and other fun and useful things. Katie’s main website, The Garden of Words, showcases her professional work. The Blog is a place for Katie to share her thoughts on current events, trends, books and gardening.
Thanks Katie for the link love, this one is rightback at you!
March 29th, 2009
Crossroads Christian Fellowship chose to use the Beach House theme for their church website I assume because they are located in Oceanside, California. They were probably drawn to the the theme through the picture in the header which is actually of San Clemente, CA. Here are some items from their about page:
- Together we’re making a real difference… living for Christ in word, thought, and deed… in our church, our community, and our world (I Cor. 15:58)
Our Purpose & Mission:
- Loving intensely our God and our neighbor (Matt. 22:37-39)
- Connecting with our community and our world… by making disciples, dispensing the sacraments, abiding in Christ’s teachings, and proclaiming His glorious gospel (Matt. 28:18-19)
- Helping people come to Christ and to grow in Him in the sphere of His church, His Spirit, and His Word (Eph. 4:11-16)
Thanks goes out to the Crossroads Christian Fellowship and I wish you well in your mission!
March 28th, 2009
Games Weasel is the game review blog of Matt Cuttle. For his blog he did extensive changes to the Beach House theme to where you can only see some resemblance of the original theme. Regardless of the changes Matt keep the links back to the Beach House theme site and for that we are grateful. Here is clip about his site from his about page:
Gamesweasel is a weekly computer games news, video game reviews, gaming industry interviews for console, portable and PC gaming. Gamesweasel is the place for video games enthusiasts, casual gamers and gaming addicts alike. Matt is no stranger to the games industry, having presented, written and directed for a broad range of shows ranging from ‘Gamers’ and ‘The Daily Quiz’ to Sky One daytime show ‘Gamezville’.
Thanks again Matt for the Link Love, here is some back at you.